Making a claim can be hassle-free if you know what to do and what your responsibilities are. At RHB Insurance, we try to keep the claims process simple so as to help you get back on track as quickly as possible.
Basic points to note
Specific requirements for different types of claims
- Take whatever safe actions to prevent further deterioration of the situation. Examples are calling the fire brigade, police or ambulance, activating your emergency response system, and protecting undamaged properties.
- Lodge a police report if a motor vehicle accident or where criminal intent is involved.
- Notify RHB Insurance Berhad (RHBI) as soon as possible. Our officers can provide further advice where required. (Claims contacts)
- You can notify RHBI by telephone but always follow up with a written notification.
- Co-operate fully with adjusters or insurance claims investigators.
- Collect all information and documents to substantiate your claim. (Examples are invoices, bills, payment vouchers, stock records, asset listing, time sheets, etc.)
- Send all substantiating documents together with your completed claim form early.
Conditions policyholders must comply with:
- Motor Vehicle
- Property Damage
- Business Interruption
- Fidelity Guarantee
- Transit/Marine Cargo
- Personal Accident
Take all reasonable precaution necessary to prevent a loss.
When a loss has occurred, take all necessary mitigating measures as though you are uninsured.
Provide truthful information and submit genuine claims. If fraud is detected, the insurer is entitled to reject the claim totally.
Notify all claims early. Failure to do so may jeopardise the entire claim.